The stock performance will be measured by the percentage change in the share price from the day of the entry, up until the market close on the date that the competition closes*.
We will have rolling commentary and updates through the competition on our socials and the Marcus Today newsletter. If you are not already a member or on a trial, you will be signed up for a FREE 14-day trial when you enter the competition.
By entering this competition, you agree to the competition Terms & Conditions.
*You need to be a Marcus Today subscriber before you enter the competition to qualify for the $3000 prize. If you become a subscriber after entering this competition, you will only be eligible for the $1500 prize.
Competition for Trade Promotion Permit No ACT TP 21/01440.
Give us a follow!
Terms & Conditions for the One Stock Portfolio Competition:
1. You need to be an Australian resident aged 18 and over to enter.
2. Entries will only be accepted when submitted through the form on this page.
3. The winner will need to pick the best performing stock on the ASX to win. The total prize pool of $4500 will be distributed between two winners. A $3000 prize will be awarded to one winner who is a Marcus Today subscriber since before entering the competition. A $1500 prize will be awarded to a non-subscriber or subscriber who has subscribed after entering the competition.
4. Winners will be chosen at the discretion of the Marcus Today team. In case of a tie, a winner will be picked at random from all the winning entries.
5. The stock performance will be measured by the percentage change in the share price from the day of the entry (using the price at market close), up until the market close on the date that the competition closes.
6. The competition will start on 21 August 2021 and end on 15 October 2021.
7. Stock performance will be measured based on the price at market close on date of entry and date when competition closes.
8. Only one entry permitted per person. If entered more than once, only the first entry will be counted.
10. A winner will be picked within 7 days after the competition closes, i.e. by 22 October 2021. The winner will be notified by phone and/or email and will also be announced in the Marcus Today newsletter and social media pages.
11. If the prize is unclaimed 14 days after it is announced, a new winner will be picked on 5 November 2021 – another person with the same stock pick (in case of a tie) or the person with the second-best stock pick. This will apply to both prizes and will be announced via the same channels above.
12. You are responsible for any and all expenses that you incur in entering or winning the competition.
13. Employees of Marcus Today and their friends and family are permitted to enter but are not eligible to receive any prizes.
14. The winner will receive the prize by bank transfer into their nominated account.
15. By entering the competition, you agree to sign up for a free trial of the Marcus Today Stock Market Newsletter and receive marketing communications from Marcus Today. You can unsubscribe at any time.